Monday, March 14, 2011

First Publication!

Very exciting news!
Yesterday, I received an email late at night, informing me that my short story, The Difference, and my poem, Francis Lloyd Marlow, have been accepted for my school's art/literature anthology The Sandy River Review, that's published every semester. This may sound like a small-scale deal, but the last 7 semesters I have been here I have submitted, and it was not until try number eight that my work was accepted! I guess it goes to show I've come a long way. Its pretty cool to know I was accepted for publication before I got my BFA, even if the publication itself won't come out until after. ;p


Still have not heard from my professor about the pet Elegy I sent him. I wrote one for a person later, (My father's mother) to meet the parameters of the assignment, and in looking at them both, I think the second one is better, so at least I have something I like to turn in today for workshop, but I am anxious to know if I continued his theory, or disproved it.

Happy Trails, Internet!

2 comments: